The 2017 Fire Prevention Institute
Announces the Addition of a
3-Day Training Seminar
October 26, 27 and 28
Delivered by John J. Lentini, CFI, D-ABC
This 3-Day seminar, which is part of the 2017 Fire Prevention Institute (October 23-26, 2017) will be held from 8:30 – 5:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, October 24, 25 & 26. Please note, when registering for the 2017 Fire Prevention Institute, you will need to specifically identify that you will be taking this course.
Class materials for the seminar will be the hardbound textbook, Scientific Protocols for Fire Investigation, Second Edition, which will be provided with your $450 Early Bird registration fee, if received by September 1. Registration fees received after September 1, will be $475. Full conference registration fee includes the Opening Keynote session on Monday, October 23, and the Banquet Dinner on Thursday, October 26, as well as the networking breakfast on Friday, October 27.
Please note, this class must be registered for using the Full Conference Option – One day registrations will not be available.
To register for the seminar, go to https://connect.computility.com/f/index.php
Seminar Outline: The following elements will be covered in the 3-day seminar:
1. Fire Science
2. The Chemistry and Physics of Combustion
3. Fire Dynamics and Fire Pattern Development
4. Fire Investigation Procedures
5. Analysis of Ignitable Liquid Residues
6. Evaluation of Ignition Sources
7. Thirty Fire Scene Scenarios
8. Mythology of Arson Investigation
9. Sources of Error in Fire Investigation
10. The Professional Practice of Fire Investigation